Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
A nifty recipe for an autumn fruit from Preserved and Pickled. Cooking time is approximate.
- 1892.0 ml ripe persimmons
- 177.44 ml honey
- 236.59 ml orange juice (fresh is best)
- 1 orange, grated rind of
- Cut the tops off the persimmons; scoop out the flesh.
- Discard the seeds and cores.
- Crush the fruit and cook with the remaining ingredients over medium heat until mixture is thick., taking care not to scorch.
- Ladle into hot canning jars, leaving 1/4 inch headspace.
- Wipe edges of jars with a clean cloth, place lids and screw bands on fingertip-tight.
- Process in boiling water bath for ten minutes.
- Remove to a protected countertop and allow to cool undisturbed for 24 hours.