Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
A nifty recipe for an autumn fruit from Preserved and Pickled. Cooking time is approximate.
Make and share this Persimmon Marmalade recipe from Food.com.
- Cut the tops off the persimmons; scoop out the flesh.
- Discard the seeds and cores.
- Crush the fruit and cook with the remaining ingredients over medium heat until mixture is thick., taking care not to scorch.
- Ladle into hot canning jars, leaving 1/4 inch headspace.
- Wipe edges of jars with a clean cloth, place lids and screw bands on fingertip-tight.
- Process in boiling water bath for ten minutes.
- Remove to a protected countertop and allow to cool undisturbed for 24 hours.