- 3 lbs ripe persimmons
- 7 cups sugar
- 2 lemons, juice of
- 1 (6 ounce) bottle liquid pectin
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash, peel and seed the persimmons.
- Place the persimmon pulp in a preserving kettle, add sugar and lemon juice and mix well.
- Bring slowly to a boil over high heat until sugar has dissolved, stirring frequently.
- Boil hard for one minute; then remove the kettle from the heat and stir in the liquid pectin.
- Skim thoroughly with a metal spoon.
- Ladle into 8 half-pint hot sterilized jars and seal.