Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a family favorite. The recipe comes from"Old Fashion Presimmon Recipes" by Bear Wallow Books from Nashville, IN. I have been making these cookies for years and my grown children complain that now they only get them at Christmas. The prep time does not include getting the pulp ready. I am only guessing at prep time.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups persimmon pulp
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon clove
- 1 cup nuts (pecans)
- 1 cup raisins
CREAM CHEESE ICING
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup margarine or 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 lb powdered sugar (3 1/4 cup)
- Combine sugar and butter.
- Beat in eggs and pulp,
- then flour,
- finally other ingredients in order given.
- Drop by teaspoon onto greased cookie sheet.
- Bake 10-12 min in 350 degree oven.
- Cool and ice with Cream Cheese Icing.
- Refridgerate any left overs.