1/5 Photos of Persimmon Cookies
1 hr 10 mins
After making 3 different types of persimmon cookies today, these were clearly the favorites. Katherine Hakins Armstrong won the Indianapolis Star's 2005 Holiday Cookie Contest with this recipe. I used a mixture of chopped dates, dried apricots, and raisins, as I did not have enough raisins to make 1 cup. You may want to reduce the oven temperature as I found my cookies darkened too quickly at 375. I would also suggest using a lightly greased cookie sheet. Recipe listed is the original recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large mixing bowl, cream together the sugar and shortening. Add the persimmon pulp and egg. Set aside.
- 2Sift together the flour, soda, salt, nutmeg, cinnamon, and cloves.
- 3Combine dry ingredients with persimmon mixture and blend well.
- 4Add raisins and nuts.
- 5Drop by teaspoonfuls on cookie sheet. Bake at 375 for 15 minutes. Remove from cookie sheet and dip in powdered sugar.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Persimmon Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (975 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 851.7
- Calories from Fat 336
- Total Fat 37.4 g
- Saturated Fat 7.0 g
- Cholesterol 37.2 mg
- Sodium 504.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 124.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 77.9 g
- Protein 10.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: