Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Persimmon Chutney is a accompaniment for all Sea Foods. This Chutney has a little spicy flavor infused with fresh fruit.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1⁄2 cup red onion (Small Diced)
- 1 serrano pepper (Small Diced)
- 1 fresh garlic clove (Minced)
- 1⁄2 cup muscat wine (Orange)
- 4 persimmons (Small Diced)
- 1 nectarine (Small Diced)
- 1 jonathan apple (Small Diced)
- 2 tablespoons unbleached cane sugar (Raw)
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (Fresh)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- In a medium saucepan melt butter. Add bay leaves, cinnamon sticks, red onion, garlic and saute until onions are soft.
- Add Orange Muscat Wine and reduce by half.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir well. Simmer chutney for 15 minutes. Stir several times to prevent burning. Remove from the heat and discard cinnamon sticks and bay leaves.
- Cool the Persimmon Chutney before service. Reseason to taste with salt and pepper. Add Cayenne Pepper to your taste.
- Garnish the dish with Cinnamon Sticks.