Recipe by Potagekempcc
Persimmon Chutney is a accompaniment for all Sea Foods. This Chutney has a little spicy flavor infused with fresh fruit.
Top Review by fiskedan
I made this after getting some free persimmons and apples. I could not find nectarines out of season so used canned diced peaches. Had my doubts but all flavors come through, even the persimmons. Orange muscat wine comes through nicely. With the Serrano pepper it has medium hotness. Tried it with chicken and rice, very good.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1⁄2 cup red onion (Small Diced)
- 1 serrano pepper (Small Diced)
- 1 fresh garlic clove (Minced)
- 1⁄2 cup muscat wine (Orange)
- 4 persimmons (Small Diced)
- 1 nectarine (Small Diced)
- 1 jonathan apple (Small Diced)
- 2 tablespoons unbleached cane sugar (Raw)
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (Fresh)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fine sea salt
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium saucepan melt butter. Add bay leaves, cinnamon sticks, red onion, garlic and saute until onions are soft.
- Add Orange Muscat Wine and reduce by half.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir well. Simmer chutney for 15 minutes. Stir several times to prevent burning. Remove from the heat and discard cinnamon sticks and bay leaves.
- Cool the Persimmon Chutney before service. Reseason to taste with salt and pepper. Add Cayenne Pepper to your taste.
- Garnish the dish with Cinnamon Sticks.