1/1 Photo of Persimmon Chutney
Chef #848413's Note:
Persimmon Chutney is a accompaniment for all Sea Foods. This Chutney has a little spicy flavor infused with fresh fruit.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1/2 cup red onion (Small Diced)
- 1 serrano pepper (Small Diced)
- 1 fresh garlic clove (Minced)
- 1/2 cup muscat wine (Orange)
- 4 persimmons (Small Diced)
- 1 nectarine (Small Diced)
- 1 jonathan apple (Small Diced)
- 2 tablespoons unbleached cane sugar (Raw)
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (Fresh)
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1In a medium saucepan melt butter. Add bay leaves, cinnamon sticks, red onion, garlic and saute until onions are soft.
- 2Add Orange Muscat Wine and reduce by half.
- 3Add the remaining ingredients and stir well. Simmer chutney for 15 minutes. Stir several times to prevent burning. Remove from the heat and discard cinnamon sticks and bay leaves.
- 4Cool the Persimmon Chutney before service. Reseason to taste with salt and pepper. Add Cayenne Pepper to your taste.
- 5Garnish the dish with Cinnamon Sticks.
Browse Our Top Chutneys Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Persimmon Chutney
Serving Size: 1 (721 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 366.0
- Calories from Fat 109
- Total Fat 12.1 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 30.5 mg
- Sodium 296.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 29.7 g
- Protein 2.2 g