1/2 Photos of Persimmon Butter
A delicious, unusual fruit spread at its best when the fruit is very ripe. From the Mississippi Valley chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947. Cooking time is approximate.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 quarts persimmons (pulp only)
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1Cook pulp and orange juice together in a double boiler until thick.
- 2Measure and add 3/4 cup sugar for each cup pulp.
- 3Continue cooking until desired consistency is reached.
- 4Pour into hot, sterilized jars and seal by processing in a boiling water bath for ten minutes.
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Persimmon Butter
Serving Size: 1 (248 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 37.2
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 6.9 g
- Protein 0.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: