1/1 Photo of Persimmon Bundt Cake
1 hr 15 mins
Got a lot of persimmons you don't know what to do with? Or have you always wanted to make something using this little-known fruit. Here's your chance to make a wonderful, flavourful Bundt cake that not only has luscious persimmons in it, but warm spices that make it extra-special.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 large ripe persimmons
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 3 extra large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 3/4 cup dried currant
- confectioners' sugar
- 1Position rack in center of oven and preheat to 350°F.
- 2Butter and flour Bundt pan.
- 3Peel persimmons.
- 4Press pulp through coarse sieve into medium bowl.
- 5Measure 1 1/3 cups persimmon puree into small bowl.
- 6Mix baking soda into puree and set aside.
- 7Beat sugar and butter in large bowl until blended (mixture will be grainy).
- 8Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- 9Mix in vanilla.
- 10Sift flour, cinnamon, salt, allspice and cloves into butter mixture; blend well using rubber spatula.
- 11Mix in persimmon mixture, walnuts and currants.
- 12Transfer batter to prepared pan.
- 13Bake cake until tester comes out clean, about 55 minutes.
- 14Cook cake in pan on rack 5 minutes.
- 15Turn out cake onto rack; cool completely.
- 16Sift confectioners’ sugar over cake.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Persimmon Bundt Cake
Serving Size: 1 (118 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 437.5
- Calories from Fat 153
- Total Fat 17.0 g
- Saturated Fat 6.9 g
- Cholesterol 98.0 mg
- Sodium 396.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 67.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 42.7 g
- Protein 6.7 g