From the New Orleans Time Picayune. Freezes well.
Make and share this Persimmon Bread recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl blend sugar and oil; add eggs and persimmon pulp.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and spices; add nuts and dates then mix well.
- Stir flour mixture into persimmon mixture. Turn into two greased and floured loaf pans. Bake for one hour or until done, testing center with a pick.
- Turn out on wire rack to cool. Freezes well.