Recipe by HighVibe
A delicious, nutrition-packed smoothie containing 4 servings fruits (and 2-4 optional vegetable servings) that combines two of the hallmark flavors of autumn.
Top Review by LonghornMama
Loved this! I've actually made this three times. Makes a lot, so could be two servings. I suspect HighVibe has a VitaMix blender. I don't, but wanted to try adding the persimmons and apple unpeeled for the extra nutrition and fiber. Worked great. Used very ripe Fuyu persimmons and organic vanilla soymilk, so didn't add the sweetener. Made both with and without spinach and was great both ways. I drink green smoothies pretty regularly, so the color doesn't bother me and I like the added nutritional benefits. You don't taste the spinach. Cinnamon is a wonderful addition both for flavor and helping to regulate blood sugar. Thanks for sharing the recipe! I'll be trying your other recipes very soon!
- 2 persimmons, diced small enough for your blender
- 1 apple, quartered (Fuji, Gala, Braeburn work best)
- 1 cup soymilk (or almond milk, or nonfat dairy)
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 -4 ounces spinach (optional, you won't taste it but it will change the color to a bright green) (optional)
- 2 tablespoons hemp protein powder (optional)