Recipe by Daniela Buia
Divinely sweet fruit pudding.
Top Review by realbirdlady
A rich, moist, firm sweet bread. It's not cloying, but a little bit goes a long way - I'd say more like 12-16 servings (especially with a whipped cream garnish). Next time I would go ahead and puree the raisins with the persimmon, for a more consistent texture and flavor, and double the amount of almonds.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups sieved persimmon pulp
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 3⁄4 cup whole milk
- 1 cup seedless raisin
- 1⁄2 cup chopped blanched almond
- whipped cream (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon.
- In a separate large bowl beat eggs until light and fluffy.
- Stir in persimmon pulp and melted butter into eggs.
- Add flour mixture into eggs and pulp alternately with milk until smooth.
- Gently fold in raisins and almonds.
- Pour batter into well greased loaf pan.
- Place loaf pan in larger pan will with hot water 1/4-1/2 way up sides of loaf pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 1 1/2-2 hours .
- Serve warm with stiffy beaten whipped cream.
- Can also be baked in individual custard cups.