Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This creamy sauce is to be served with Frikadeller - Meatballs With Salt Pork from Denmark. Posted for ZWT'06.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 cup milk or 1 cup cream or 1 cup half-and-half
- Melt the butter over low heat.
- Stir in the flour, salt, pepper and parsley.
- Mix until all the lumps are combined (a whisk works best for this and I remove it from the heat until it is well combined. Then I put it back on the heat).
- Allow sauce to thicken and then cook over low heat stirring constantly for about 10 minutes.
- Serve with the Frikadeller.