Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Usually served along with a main dish, served with rice!
- 1 (32 ounce) container plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons dried dill weed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- salt and black pepper
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green raisins, for a sweet kick
- In a medium bowl, blend yogurt, dill weed, garlic, salt, and pepper. Toss in the cucumbe and raisons. Cover, and refrigerate 8 hours, or overnight.
First I drained the whole milk plain yogurt to remove the whey then added the remaining ingredients. I've never seen green raisins and used standard flame raisins, golden raisins and one deglet noor' date cut up into small pieces. I think this is another version of mast-o-khiar which I love! Went very well with simple pan grilled lemon chicken! Made for SUN & SPICE Event.