Recipe by Chef Shadows
You'll find this recipe beyond description. If you are a garlic lover you will be in heaven, if you are not, you still will be amazed. I have traced this recipe as far back as the 1400's The garlic improves with age for as long as 15 years. I am still eating from a jar of this we made 5 years ago. This is not something you eat right away, it marinades for 30 days at minimum. SOURCE Shadows
- 4 heads garlic
- 2 small dried hot peppers (I use Thai peppers)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups red wine vinegar
- 2 cups water
- 8 whole cloves (the spice)
- 2 tablespoons black peppercorns
Directions See How It's Made
- Separate garlic cloves, but do not peel.
- Place all ingredients in a large heavy-bottom saucepan.
- Bring to a boil; cook for 10 minutes, stirring from time to time.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook 5 minutes.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Transfer to a large glass or ceramic jar large enough to hold garlic and the liquid.
- Tightly seal.
- Refrigerate at least 1 month before serving.
- The garlic improves with age for as long as 15 years.