1/4 Photos of Persian Style Steamed Rice
Posting for ZWT6 for Iranian dishes. This is a recipe from the "The BBQ Bible" No Persian meal would be complete without rice. Here is a simple steamed rice recipe that is great with an of the Persian kebab recipes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the rice in a large bowl and add cold water to cover by 3 inches. Swirl around with your fingers until the water becomes cloudy, then pour through a strainer to drain. Repeat this process until the water remains clear. This will take 4 to 6 rinsings.
- 2Place the rice, salt and the 6 cups water in a deep, nonstick saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to medium and simmer the rice gently, uncovered, for about 18 minutes. When the rice has absorbed all the water, reduce the heat to the lowest possible setting and sprinkle the butter pieces over the top.
- 3Wrap a clean kitchen towel around the pot lid, piling any excess cloth on top of the lid. (You want to keep the cloth away from the heat) Place the cloth-covered lid over the rice and steam for 20 minutes. Remove the pot from the heat and let stand, covered, 5 minutes.
- 4Gently fluff the rice with a fork and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Long-Grain Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Long-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Persian Style Steamed Rice
Serving Size: 1 (256 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 410.1
- Calories from Fat 93
- Total Fat 10.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 20.3 mg
- Sodium 1175.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 71.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 7.4 g