Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
A delicious apple cake topped with chocolate!
- 4 eggs
- 125 g sugar
- 4 tablespoons warm water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 75 g flour
- 50 g cornstarch
- 1200 g apples, peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon rose water
- 80 g sugar
- 75 g raisins
- 5 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 125 g chocolate frosting (optional)
- Mix eggs and sugar with a food processor until soft. Stir in the flour, the cornstarch and the baking powder to soft dough.
- Cover your square mold of 30 to 40 cm with baking paper and smear your dough.
- Bake 12 minutes at 180°C (heat and timing are basing it on convection oven).
- Mix the apples, with rosewater, sugar and raisins. Heat in the microwave until hot (it takes about 8-10 minutes). You can do it in a pan too.
- Mix the water with the starch well in a glass and add to the apples mix.
- Heat again until it thickens. And spread the apple mix on the baked dough.
- Prepare your chocolate frosting as indicated by the instructions and brush it on the apples mix.
this is a dense not really sweet cake . to me it was almost bread like , im not saying it right .it was good thats not the issue im trying to describe texture here .its different than american cakes still good just different . i only used a teaspoon of rosewater for me it was good its a pretty cake thank you for posting it