Persian Spinach and Egg Fry - Boranee
- Wash the spinach well. Drain. Put in a pot with the 1/4 cup water. Cover and cook over low heat for 5 minutes.Let stand for 5 minutes more to reduce the bulk. Cool and press out the liquid that accumulates. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet and add the onions, salt, turmeric and pepper. Cook for 3 minutes over moderate heat.
- Add the spinach and stir fry for 3 minutes more. Remove skillet from the heat.
- Make 6 depressions into the spinach. Break one egg into each depression.
- Return the skillet to low heat. Fry for 5 minutes or enough to set the eggs firmly.