1/6 Photos of Persian Slow-Cooked Chicken
6 hrs 30 mins
Chef #375838's Note:
A golden-coloured casserole with a mellow spiced flavour. An easy supper dish to serve with Basmati rice. Adapted from Slow Cooker book by Sara Lewis.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Slash each piece of chicken 2 or 3 times with a sharp knife.
- 2Mix the flour, turmeric and paprika in a small plastic bag.
- 3Shake the chicken pieces in it to coat them thinly.
- 4Heat the oil in a frying pan, add the chicken and cook until browned on all sides.
- 5Transfer to a plate.
- 6Add the onion and garlic to the frying pan and fry, stirring for 5 minutes until lightly browned.
- 7Stir in the remaining spiced flour and stir into the onion and garlic mixture.
- 8Add the cloves, ginger and some pepper.
- 9Pour in and gradually incorporate the stock.
- 10Bring to the boil stirring.
- 11Pack the chicken joints into the slow cooker and pour in the hot stock mixture. Cover with the lid.
- 12Cook on high for 2 hours, then on medium for another 4 hours (or on medium for longer).
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Persian Slow-Cooked Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (247 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 236.3
- Calories from Fat 104
- Total Fat 11.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 71.4 mg
- Sodium 236.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 20.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: