(Mast-O Khiar) Iranian Yogurt & Cucumber Dip with Raisins & Walnuts
Make and share this Persian Rose Petal Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄3 cup raisins
- 1 English cucumber, peeled, halved lengthwise, seeded, in 1/4-inch dice
- 3 cups drained yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup minced green onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped toasted walnuts
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 2 garlic cloves, minced to a paste with salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- rose petal, fresh dried
- Cover the raisins in water to plump for about 30 minutes. Drain.
- In a large bowl, combine the raisins, cucumber, yogurt, green onion, walnuts, dill, mint and garlic.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and garnish with more green onion, walnuts, mint and rose petals.