1/2 Photos of Persian Rice Pudding (Sheer Berenj)
1 hr 27 mins
1 hr 22 mins
This is my favorite rice pudding. It is nice and creamy but not too heavy. The Persian version of rice pudding is very simplistic, yet beautiful in flavor masha Allah. Sheer Berenj on its own is simply made with rice, water, milk and rosewater. I love it because it is not too sweet you add a sweet topping such as a good honey or a sweet preserve (jam). Modified from a recipe found on http://mypersiankitchen.com.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash rice and cook with 2 cups of water and a pinch of salt for about 20 minutes.
- 2Add half & half and 2% milk and cook on low for 1 hour. Occasionally, stir the pot to make sure that the bottom does not stick.
- 3After one hour the rice and cream will thicken into a pudding consistency. Add rosewater and let cook for a few more minutes.
- 4Enjoy warm with a very good quality honey or sweet preserve on top!
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Persian Rice Pudding (Sheer Berenj)
Serving Size: 1 (287 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 262.5
- Calories from Fat 99
- Total Fat 11.0 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 36.3 mg
- Sodium 170.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 7.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: