Recipe by littlemafia
I love these melting-in-your-mouth cookies! For chewier cookies, refrigerate the dough beforehand and bake it for a shorter period. For crispier ones, bake the dough longer or refrigerate the baked cookies.They'll flatten out during baking so leave enough space between them.
Top Review by Chef Dudo
These cookies were really very nice. The saffron gave them an extra touch. I chilled the dough just because I had something else in the oven at the moment and the cookies had to wait. The result was a chewy, not overly sweet cookie which baked for 14 minutes. I got 44 cookies out of the dough but I might have made them a tad too large.
I was really pleased to have tried this recipe and will certainly make again.
Thanks for posting.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon saffron, crumbled
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups sultanas or 1 1⁄2 cups raisins
Directions See How It's Made
- Ccream butter and sugar with mixer on medium speed until fluffy, 1 to 2 minutes. Beat in eggs one at a time.
- Add vanilla, saffron and salt. Beat to blend. On low speed, beat in flour until moistened.
- Stir in raisins.
- Scoop dough by heaping teaspoonfuls.
- Roll 1 to 1-1/4-inch balls. Place balls 3 inches apart on baking sheet lined with parchment.
- Bake one batch at a time in centre of preheated 350F oven until browned at the edges and golden on top, 12 to 14 minutes.