1/1 Photo of Persian Pomegranate and Pistachio Meatball
delicious , aromatic and tasty meal . comes from the heart of Iran , the taste that makes you fly !!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the Meatballs
- 1 small onion, completely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups raw pistachios
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 cups fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 cup fresh tarragon, chopped
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 lbs ground lamb
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup canola oil or 1/2 cup olive oil
For the Glaze
- 3/4 cup pomegranate molasses
- 1/4 cup honey or 1/4 cup grape molasses
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
For the Garnish
- 1To make the meatballs: Pulse all the ingredients, except the meat and egg, in a food processor until you have a grainy paste.
- 2Transfer to a large mixing bowl and add the meat and egg. Lightly knead with your hands for a few minutes (do not over mix).
- 3Cover and place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes and up to 24 hours.
- 4Preheat the oven to 500?F. Generously oil a wide, nonreactive baking dish (wide enough to fit 24 meatballs, about 12x14 inches) and set aside.
- 5Remove the paste from the refrigerator and shape into bite-sized balls (about 1 1/2 tablespoons each, you can use an ice cream scoop) and place the meatballs in the baking dish and brush well with oil. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
- 6Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl combine all the ingredients for the glaze. It is important that you taste the glaze and be sure that it has a good balance between sweet and sour—add more honey if the pomegranate molasses you have used is too sour.
- 7Reduce the oven to 400?F. Glaze the meatballs and bake for another 5 minutes to infuse them with the flavor of the pomegranate. Adjust seasoning to taste. If too sour add more honey; if too sweet add more pomegranate molasses. Keep warm in the oven until ready to serve.
- 8Place the meatballs with its sauce in deep serving dish and garnish.
Browse Our Top Meatballs Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meatballs Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Persian Pomegranate and Pistachio Meatball
Serving Size: 1 (1876 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 232.2
- Calories from Fat 161
- Total Fat 17.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 35.3 mg
- Sodium 233.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 9.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: