Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I found this recipe from a blog called Turmeric and Saffron. It was part of a macaroni tah-dig recipe. I tossed the sauce with fresh pasta instead of preparing a tah-dig.
- 453.59 g ground beef
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 large tomatoes, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 2-3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 453.59 g tomato sauce
- 1.62 ml turmeric
- salt and pepper
- 118.29 ml water
- 29.58 ml oil
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil and saute onion until translucent.
- Add garlic and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add turmeric, stir and continue cooking for another minute before adding beef.
- Brown beef and break into small pieces.
- Scoop out excess fat.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and cook on medium-low heat for 20-30 minutes. ( I simmered mine for about an hour.).