1/1 Photo of Persian Pasta Sauce
Miss Fannie's Note:
I found this recipe from a blog called Turmeric and Saffron. It was part of a macaroni tah-dig recipe. I tossed the sauce with fresh pasta instead of preparing a tah-dig.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat 2 tablespoons of oil and saute onion until translucent.
- 2Add garlic and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- 3Add turmeric, stir and continue cooking for another minute before adding beef.
- 4Brown beef and break into small pieces.
- 5Scoop out excess fat.
- 6Salt and pepper to taste.
- 7Cover and cook on medium-low heat for 20-30 minutes. ( I simmered mine for about an hour.).
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Persian Pasta Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (232 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 357.4
- Calories from Fat 217
- Total Fat 24.1 g
- Saturated Fat 7.6 g
- Cholesterol 77.1 mg
- Sodium 678.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 7.6 g
- Protein 23.5 g