Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Delicious tea sweetened with the essence of rose and cardamom.
- 1 cup organic dried rose petals, crushed
- 10 whole green cardamoms, crushed
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- earl grey tea or black tea, prepared
- Place ingredients except tea into a small saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Lower heat and simmer for 5 minutes, then allow to cool completely.
- Strain syrup and use to sweeten hot or iced teas.
I made this syrup this morning replacing the sugar with Splenda and used it with brewed Darjeeling. What a lovely tea it made and I especially like that that by doing it this way you can have have as much or little of the added flavor as you wish.