Prep 35 mins
Cook 1 hr 45 mins
This is my mother's recipe. It is a great soup.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley (Large Bunch, Chopped)
- 4 cups fresh spinach (Bag,Pre-washed or Not)
- 1 onion, Medium, Chopped Finely
- 1 onion, Small, Grated
- 1⁄4 cup lentils (Uncooked)
- 1⁄4 cup kidney bean (Canned)
- 1 quart plain yogurt
- 1 cup uncooked rice, i prefer basmanti
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric, for color
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 quart water (Or Enough To Cover)
- Mix the Tumeric, Salt, Pepper, and Yogurt. Place in refrigerator till needed.
- Saute the Chopped Onion till golden.
- Then add the Parsley, Spinach, Beans, and enough Water to cover. Simmer for 1 hour*.
- In the mean while, mixed the Ground Beef, Eggs, dash of Salt & Pepper, and Grated Onion in a large bowl. Form into small bite-sized Meatballs.
- * When the hour of simmering is over, add the Meatballs and the Uncooked Rice. Simmer again until done, about 30 minutes.
- Once the Meatballs and Rice are cooked remove the soup from heat and let cool down for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Temper the Yogurt by adding a little broth to the Yogurt Mixture. Then add the remaining Yogurt.