2 hrs 20 mins
1 hr 45 mins
Jody Bode's Note:
This is my mother's recipe. It is a great soup.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley (Large Bunch, Chopped)
- 4 cups fresh spinach (Bag,Pre-washed or Not)
- 1 onion, Medium, Chopped Finely
- 1 onion, Small, Grated
- 1/4 cup lentils (Uncooked)
- 1/4 cup kidney bean (Canned)
- 1 quart plain yogurt
- 1 cup uncooked rice, i prefer basmanti
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric, for color
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 quart water (Or Enough To Cover)
- 1Mix the Tumeric, Salt, Pepper, and Yogurt. Place in refrigerator till needed.
- 2Saute the Chopped Onion till golden.
- 3Then add the Parsley, Spinach, Beans, and enough Water to cover. Simmer for 1 hour*.
- 4In the mean while, mixed the Ground Beef, Eggs, dash of Salt & Pepper, and Grated Onion in a large bowl. Form into small bite-sized Meatballs.
- 5* When the hour of simmering is over, add the Meatballs and the Uncooked Rice. Simmer again until done, about 30 minutes.
- 6Once the Meatballs and Rice are cooked remove the soup from heat and let cool down for 10 to 15 minutes.
- 7Temper the Yogurt by adding a little broth to the Yogurt Mixture. Then add the remaining Yogurt.
Browse Our Top Spinach Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spinach Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Persian Meatball and Yogurt Soup
Serving Size: 1 (451 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 605.8
- Calories from Fat 270
- Total Fat 30.0 g
- Saturated Fat 12.9 g
- Cholesterol 186.0 mg
- Sodium 281.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 9.7 g
- Protein 40.4 g