Recipe by Sue Lau
This is thought to be an aphrodisiac.
Top Review by awalde
A delicate hot drink. My DH and DD said it smells indian! The reason is that in India we had a lassi that with the same spices (I published my lassi recipe some month ago). In any case I was surprised from the rusult. No yogurt, no tea, no milk and so delicious!
Thanks we enjoyed it very much!
- 4 cups water
- 2 green cardamom pods, bruised
- 1⁄2 teaspoon saffron thread, ground
- 1⁄2 cup rose water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Add spices to a kettle along with the water, rose water and sugar.
- Stir mixture to dissolve sugar.
- Bring mixture to a boil, then reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove cardamom pods before serving.
- Serve with additional sugar, if desired.