Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is thought to be an aphrodisiac.
Make and share this Persian Love Tea recipe from Food.com.
- Add spices to a kettle along with the water, rose water and sugar.
- Stir mixture to dissolve sugar.
- Bring mixture to a boil, then reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove cardamom pods before serving.
- Serve with additional sugar, if desired.
A delicate hot drink. My DH and DD said it smells indian! The reason is that in India we had a lassi that with the same spices (I published my lassi recipe some month ago). In any case I was surprised from the rusult. No yogurt, no tea, no milk and so delicious!
Thanks we enjoyed it very much!
Fabulous! The cardamom, rose and saffron meld together nicely. I bit expensive for most. Glad I grow my own saffron. Thanks.
Success! It worked! Although serving the tea iced had the opposite effect...
The recipe was reduced to one serving and I didn't use as much rose water-perhaps
only about 3/4 tablespoon for one serving. Floated one rose petal on top (from our garden and unsprayed!) Reviewed for Visiting Persia/June.