1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 15 mins
Sue Lau's Note:
Serve with cooked basmati rice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel and thinly slice onions, then fry in oil until slightly golden.
- 2Wash and cut meat into small pieces and fry in onions and garlic until meat becomes opaque.
- 3Add 3 cups of hot water and bring to boil.
- 4Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for about 45 minutes, adding more hot water during cooking if needed.
- 5When meat is tender, wash okra and remove stems.
- 6Add whole okra, salt, pepper and tomato paste to the meat and cook for another 10-15 minutes.
- 7Take care not to overcook the okras so that they do not become slick textured.
- 8Add lime juice, adjust seasoning and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- 9If you wish to use potatoes, wash, peel, and cut them into small pieces, and add to stew when meat becomes tender, allowing 10-15 minutes of cooking before adding okra.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Persian Lamb and Okra Stew (Khoresh Bamieh)
Serving Size: 1 (608 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 402.2
- Calories from Fat 110
- Total Fat 12.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 147.4 mg
- Sodium 258.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.1 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 50.5 g