Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A great vegetarian entree, this is a little bit spicy but can be adjusted to taste. Adapted from a recipe by Molly Katzen.
- Heat oil in large pan; add onion and saute until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add salt and other spices and cook for 5 minutes more, stirring.
- Stir in fruit juices, mixing well.
- Add tomato paste, blending in, and bring to a boil; then reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add rinsed beans and peppers and cook for 20 minutes more, or until heated through and flavors have blended.
- Serve stuffed inside of split pita rounds like a sandwich.