Recipe by Satyne
Uploaded from http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/35305/persian+kale+kumara+and+broad+bean+quinoa+pilaf so I can save in meal planner, enjoy!
- 150 g frozen broad beans
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large kumara, peeled, cut into 2cm cubes (orange sweet potato)
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons finely grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground paprika
- 190 g quinoa, rinsed, drained
- 500 ml vegetable stock
- 1 bunch kale, stems trimmed, shredded
- 75 g pistachios, toasted, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup coriander leaves
- lemon wedge, to serve
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 200°C Line a baking tray with baking paper. Place the kumara on the lined tray and drizzle with half the oil. Season with salt and pepper. Roast for 20 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, cook the broad beans in a medium saucepan of boiling water for 2 minutes or until heated through. Refresh under cold running water. Drain well. Peel broad beans and set aside.
- Heat remaining oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened. Add the ginger, cumin, coriander, turmeric and paprika; cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until aromatic.
- Add quinoa and stock and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until liquid evaporates and quinoa is al dente. Stir through kale until just wilted. Add the kumara, broad beans and pistachios and season with salt and pepper. Divide among serving bowls and sprinkle with coriander. Serve with lemon wedges.