Recipe by magy-sh
great taste and smell of a Persian food,made by cabbage,rice,lamb, try it,taste it and enjoy
- 250 g rice, preferred Iranian rice
- 200 g ground meat
- 400 g green cabbage, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons turmeric
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon caraway powder
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- cooking oil
Directions See How It's Made
- first,chop onions and fry in small amount of oil until the color changes to golden,.
- add 1 tablespoon turmeric and stir.
- add ground meat,salt and another tablespoon of turmeric and stir until the meat is nearly fried.
- add 1 teaspoon tomato paste and salt.
- add chopped cabbage and stir until the color of cabbage is going to change.
- then add cinnamon,ginger and caraway and stir until they mix.
- add 1/2 cup water and cover the saucepan lid and cook over medium heat for 15-20 minutes(depends on your cabbage).
- add washed rice and 500 ml water with small amount of salt half spoon cooking oil and cook it without lid on medium heat.
- when the rice is half-cooked,rinse it.
- then pour half spoon oil in a saucepan,add some rice,then add the mixture of cabbage and meat you made on the top,and repeat it,the last layer is rice.cover your saucepan and let it cook on light heat for about 40 minutes.