Prep 1 hr
Cook 20 mins
This is mostly greens and very little egg. This recipes makes a lot extra so you can have greens kept in the freezer to pull out and add egg to make in a jiffy. Half a mixing bowl of greens will yield one Kuku omelette for 2 people or slice like pizza and serve for appetizers with pita bread.
- 2 leeks
- 2 bunches flat leaf parsley
- 3 bunches cilantro
- 2 bunches scallions
- dill (dried or fresh)
- 1 bunch Baby Spinach or 1⁄2 bunch regular fresh spinach
- 2 -3 eggs
- olive oil
- ground coriander
- coriander seed, if you can find them
- Clean and dry all the fresh herbs well.
- Chop up all the herbs (this recipe makes enough to freeze a lot of the herbs in a large tupperware for future use.
- In a medium size mixing bowl combine herbs - fill bowl almost halfway.
- Add a few shakes of each spice (be careful not to overdo the cumin. I go heavy on the coriander (both forms- ground and seeds).
- Gently mix in 2 eggs with the herbs.
- Add olive oil to the bottom of a large teflon frying pan (I also add some more spices to the oil).
- Put mixture of herbs and eggs (it looks very green and not very eggy at all) into the pan and flatten to an omelette shape. I like to make it very thin so it cooks very well throughout.
- Cook until brown and flip - I usually slide it onto a plate and then add a little more oil to the pan and flip the omelette from the plate to the pan to finish browning the other side.
- When browned slide Kuku onto a plate add some salt if preferred and serve with pita bread. Good with plain yogurt too. Healthy and delish! Enjoy! My friends love when I make this for them.
Delicious and nutritious!I've also tried frying the herbs 1st and adding the eggs later and/or using 1 egg with 2 egg whites and it comes out delicious, too! Thanks for the post!
Delicious especially with the coriander seeds. DD (toddler) and I ate this as a late night snack. Pretty nutritious I think. I used everything but leeks as I didn't have any. The dill I used was fresh and the spinach was baby spinach. I would make this again.