1/1 Photo of Persian Herb Omelette Kuku
1 hr 20 mins
This is mostly greens and very little egg. This recipes makes a lot extra so you can have greens kept in the freezer to pull out and add egg to make in a jiffy. Half a mixing bowl of greens will yield one Kuku omelette for 2 people or slice like pizza and serve for appetizers with pita bread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Clean and dry all the fresh herbs well.
- 2Chop up all the herbs (this recipe makes enough to freeze a lot of the herbs in a large tupperware for future use.
- 3In a medium size mixing bowl combine herbs - fill bowl almost halfway.
- 4Add a few shakes of each spice (be careful not to overdo the cumin. I go heavy on the coriander (both forms- ground and seeds).
- 5Gently mix in 2 eggs with the herbs.
- 6Add olive oil to the bottom of a large teflon frying pan (I also add some more spices to the oil).
- 7Put mixture of herbs and eggs (it looks very green and not very eggy at all) into the pan and flatten to an omelette shape. I like to make it very thin so it cooks very well throughout.
- 8Cook until brown and flip - I usually slide it onto a plate and then add a little more oil to the pan and flip the omelette from the plate to the pan to finish browning the other side.
- 9When browned slide Kuku onto a plate add some salt if preferred and serve with pita bread. Good with plain yogurt too. Healthy and delish! Enjoy! My friends love when I make this for them.
Browse Our Top Spinach Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Persian Herb Omelette Kuku
Serving Size: 1 (655 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 278.0
- Calories from Fat 66
- Total Fat 7.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 211.5 mg
- Sodium 338.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 15.2 g
- Sugars 10.1 g
- Protein 20.3 g