Recipe by littlemafia
A dessert from Iran, which can be decorated nicely with pistachio and almond.
Top Review by Aaliyah's&Aaron'sMum
I made this dish for a school event, mostly everyone thoroughly enjoyed it. I did get some mixed reviews though, but that's purely because they are not used to the unique flavours, especially of the rose water. I loved it and an Iranian student told me it tastes exactly like how his mum makes it back home so that makes me a very happy person! Thank you, littlemafia, for sharing another one of your wonderful recipes, will be making it again for sure!
- 250 g wheat flour
- 200 g sugar
- 200 g cooking oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon saffron
- 1⁄2 cup rose water
- sliced almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a frying pan .
- Add flour, reduce heat and stir frequently until becomes golden.
- In another pot,add the sugar to one glass of water and bring to a boil.
- Add saffron and rosewater and stir.
- Let flour cool slightly, then add the mix and stir well. If the mix is not thick, heat for 1-2 minutes but not longer.
- Serve with pistachio and almond sprinkled on top.