Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
From soot food; posted for zaar 6.
- 2 oranges, peeled chopped
- 2 apples, peeled cored, chopped
- 2 bananas, sliced
- 473.18 ml dates, pitted, chopped
- 118.29 ml grapes, seedless
- 118.29 ml dried fig, chopped
- 118.29 ml dried apricot, chopped
- 236.59 ml almonds, flaked
- 14.79 ml honey
- 236.59 ml orange juice
- 59.14 ml mint, for garnish
- Mix oranges, apples, bananas, dates, grapes, figs, apricots, and almonds.
- Mix honey and orange juice together; pour over fruit; mix.
- Cover and chill for several hours.
- Garnish with mint if you like.
I tossed the ingredients together in 10 minutes for a last minute
change of menu plans last night. We loved it! Used dried figs that I dried myself
and added 1/2 teaspoon rosewater and 1/2 teaspoon orange blossom water. The mint was
reduced to a mere 1 tablespoon and used as garnish. Freshly squeezed orange juice and local
wildflower honey. Don't add the dried fruit too soon to the salad or it might turned to goo (depends on how old the dried fruit is.) Lastly, the almonds were added on top right before serving. Will make again with seasonal fruit in fall: pears, etc. Reviewed for NA*ME tag September. Thank you!
Very good and healthy - left out the apples and bananas as I wanted to leave a more middle-eastern influence on this fruit salad. We all really enjoyed this. Thanks.
This is really good. I enjoyed this salad more than I thought I would. I used very sweet semi dry Khaleeji dates, green grapes, freshly squeezed orange juice and unpasteurised local honey, sliced blanched almonds, the only omission was the dried figs as I didn't have any on hand. I did add the optional mint but not sure I would do so next time. Made for ZWT6 NA*ME regions for my team, The Ya Ya Cookerhood.