Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a traditional fruit salad that we always serve in the summer. It is traditionally served on the holiday of Tu Be'Shvat, but we love to eat it all summer long.
- 2 seedless oranges, peeled and cored
- 2 apples, peeled and cored
- 2 bananas, sliced
- 2 cups pitted dates, chopped
- 1 cup dried figs, chopped or 1 cup apricot
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 cup almonds, chopped or 1 cup shredded coconut
- Place fruit in serving bowl.
- Pour orange juice over fruit and mix gently.
- Garnish with almonds or coconut.
- Cover and chill several hours before serving.
Not liking fruit salad much, I didn't even taste this. However, hubby is a big fruit salad fan and he loved it. Thus, 5 stars.
amazing dessert - i put enough orange juice to COVER all the ingredients - then i leave it in the fridge overnight, using a slotted spoon to put in serving dish - the "cooks" reward for making for a large group is the most awesome fruit juice from the liquid that you get to drink all yourself :)
I liked this alot. I did add lemon juice to the apples and bananas to keep them from browning, and just threw in the lemon pieces. We eat lemons like oranges in this family. Thanks Mirj.