Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
From 365 Ways to Cook Vegetarian. You can use any variety of greens you want with this.
- 1 cup arugula
- 4 iceberg lettuce leaves
- 4 romaine lettuce leaves
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 6 scallions, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup crushed pistachio nut
- Preheat oven to 350. Chop arugula and lettuce.
- Add parsley and dill to greens. Set aside.
- In a large frying pan, heat 2 tablespoons oil. Add scallions and cook over medium high until softened, 2-3 minutes.
- Add garlic and greens and cook until the vegetables turn limp, about 3 minutes.
- Transfer to a bowl and cool slightly.
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs lightly. Mix in goat cheese, cardamom, pepper and salt. Add cooked greens to egg mixture.
- Wipe frying pan clean and return to stove. Heat remaining oil over medium heat.
- Pour in egg mixture and cook until edges are set, about 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium low, cover and cook until barely set, 6-8 minutes.
- Carefully slide frittata onto a 12 inch pizza pan. Sprinkle crushed pistachios on top.
- Place in oven and bake for 10 minutes or until firm.