Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Sesame seeds make a crisp topping for this soft and chewy flatbread. Recipe from Canadaian Living Light and Healthy cookbook.
- In large bowl, dissolve sugar in water, sprinkle yeast over top and let stand 10 mins.
- Using wooden spoon, stir in 3 cups of the flour, marg or butter and salt, beat until smooth.
- Add enough of the remaining flour to form soft dough.
- Turn out dough onto lightly floured surface, knead for about 10 mins or until smooth and elastic.
- Place dough in greased bowl, turning to grease all over.
- Cover with plastic wrap or damp tea towel.
- let rise in warm place for about 1-1/4 hours or until doubled in bulk.
- Punch down dough and divide into 3 portions.
- Form each portion into ball.
- Place on lightly floured surface and sprinkle with flour.
- Cover and let stand for 20 minutes.
- Stretch and roll out each portion of dough into 16 inch long oval.
- Place on ungreased baking sheets.
- Using side of hand make ridges 1 inch apart down length of each oval.
- Brush each loaf with milk and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Let stand for 15 mins.
- Bake in 375 oven for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from baking sheets and let cool on wire racks.
- Makes 3 large flatbreads (each flatbread serves 4 to 6, depending on use).
Great veresion delicious thanks for sharing!