1/1 Photo of Persian Cucumber Yogurt (Maast-O Khiyaar)
Traditionally used as a side dish, this recipe goes well along side persian stews and different types of Persian rice. It's similair to the Greek Tzatziki sauce. I learned this Persian recipe from my parents, and mastered it with my own twists.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 32 fluid ounce plain yogurt (Preferrably Caravan or Abali brands, found at Middle Eastern specialty stores)
- 118.29 ml kefir cheese
- 1 large cucumber
- 29.58 ml mint (dried and crushed)
- 29.58 ml basil (fresh finely chopped)
- 4.92 ml onion powder (optional)
- 29.58 ml dried rose petals (gol-mohammadi) (optional)
- 118.29 ml walnuts (crushed) (optional)
- 118.29 ml raisins (optional)
- salt (be generous)
- 14.79 ml black pepper, to taste
- 1In a large bowl, mix the yougurt and kefir cheese.
- 2Finely chop the cucumbers and add to yogurt mixture.
- 3Add basil, mint, salt, pepper, onion powder, raisins, walnuts, and dried rose petals to the mixture.
- 4Mix well.
- 5Refrigerate for an hour and serve.
Browse Our Top Eggs/Dairy Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Eggs/Dairy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Persian Cucumber Yogurt (Maast-O Khiyaar)
Serving Size: 1 (179 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 110.9
- Calories from Fat 48
- Total Fat 5.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 21.2 mg
- Sodium 77.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 8.4 g
- Protein 6.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: