Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Rosewater flavoured "cream". Serve with partially frozen or fresh berry fruits. Posted for Zaar World Tour 2005. Cook time doesn't include chilling.
- Sprinkle gelatine over cold water to soften.
- Heat milk and sugar in a heavy saucepan (or the top of a double boiler).
- Beat the egg yolks and, with the pan off the heat, add to the warmed milk/sugar mix.
- Over a very low heat, stir until the custard begins to thicken.
- Add the softened gelatine and stir until dissolved.
- Cool then stir in rosewater.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff and fold into the custard mixture.
- Chill for at least four hours.
- Serve with fresh or partially frozen berries and whipped cream.
Made this today for my guests, I added about 2 tablespoon honey to each serving. Thank you for sharing! It was superb!
I really like it! I love persian cusine. My husband is from Iran. He is making very similar cream. It's very refreshing.
What a lovely cream to serve with berries. Such a wondeful and different flavour with the addition of rosewater. Although I couldnt find rosewater so I used rosewater essence, but next time will cut the essence to 1/2 tablespoon, but apart from that I followed the recipe exactly and it was wonderful. The rosewater adds such a fantastic flavour to the cream. Great recipe Fairy Nuff, will be making this again to serve with fresh berries, when we have them.