Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
These are lovely little 'short' cookies that melt in your mouth.
Make and share this Persian Chickpea Flour Cookies (Nan-E Nokhochi ) recipe from Food.com.
- Beat butter & powdered sugar together until creamy.
- Add egg yolk & cardamom.
- With your hands knead in the chickpea flour until smooth.
- Pinch off tiny pieces of dough about the size of hazelnuts and roll them into balls between the palms of your hands.
- Decorate the tops of the cookies by pricking them with the tines of a fork or by pressing the back of the tines horizontally onto the cookies.
- Place on a lightly greased cookie sheet and bake in a slow oven (300F) for about 30 minutes. This dough is very "short" and needs to be well kneeded. For an even "shorter" dough, omit the egg yolk.