Recipe by DailyInspiration
A wonderfully flavorful grill recipe for boneless chicken thighs or breast meat if you prefer. Prep time does not include marinating time.
Top Review by awalde
I was really sorry as I finished my skewer, I would like to have more of them!
The spice blend was exceptional and I loved the big portion of cardamom in them!
I baked the skewers with the grill in the kitchen oven and worked perfectly. I added some red peppers and I served the skewers som balkan yogurt and hummus with them.
A great recipe to recommend!
- 2 teaspoons ground cardamom
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 large boneless skinless chicken thighs
- lemon wedge, to serve
- plain yogurt, to serve
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak 8 skewers in water to prevent burning. To make the marinade, whisk together the cardamom, turmeric, allspice, garlic, lemon and oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cut each chicken thigh fillet into 1-1 1/2 inch cubes. Toss the cubes in the spice marinade. Thread the chicken onto skewers and place on a tray. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Cook the skewers on a hot, lightly oiled grill or grill pan for 4 minutes on each side or until the chicken is cooked through. Serve with lemon wedges and plain yoghurt.