Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut in 1/2" pieces
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch cardamom
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 (6 1/4 ounce) package chicken rice pilaf mix
- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup dried apricot
- 2 tablespoons grated orange zest
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds, toasted till fragrant
- Toss chicken with paprika, cinnamon and cardamom.
- In large nonstick skillet, heat 2 Tbsp olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the chicken, cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from skillet, set aside.
- In same skillet, heat remaining 1 Tbsp olive oil over medium heat.
- Add onion; cook 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in rice pilaf mix, contents of Spice Sack, broth, apricots, and orange zest; bring to a boil.
- Cover; reduce heat to low.
- Simmer 15 minutes.
- Stir in reserved chicken and almonds.
- Cover; continue to simmer 5 to 10 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
Its is excellent recipes i had done this recipe before the flavor, & the taste is realy you will like it*****char