Recipe by Stacia_
Long, slow marinating in garlicky yogurt tenderizes, moistens and adds deep flavor so you end up with skinless grilled chicken that's as delicious as it is nutritionally correct. Serve with soft pita or flatbread and fresh yogurt.
Top Review by hmontgomeryapl
I chopped the chicken into kebab sized pieces, added an extra clove of garlic and marinated for 1.5 days. I then skewered the pieces and grilled on the BBQ. It was amazing! I will make this again. My kids (9 and 12 yrs) loved it too. Very flavourful (yes, I'm Canadian).
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 tablespoon salt
- 2 cups plain yogurt
- 1 large lemon (juice and pulp, 3-4 tablespoons)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon cracked black pepper
- 2 (1 lb) whole chicken breasts
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the salt in a wide, shallow non-reactive bowl with the garlic and mash them together until you have paste. Add yogurt, lemon and pepper.
- Skin the chicken breasts, remove all visible fat and separate the halves. Bend each backward to break the bones so the pieces win lie flat.Add to the yogurt and turn so all surfaces are well-coated.
- Cover the bowl tightly and refrigerate. Allow to marinate at least overnight up to a day and a half. Turn when you think of it.
- To cook, remove breasts from marinade and wipe off all but a thin film. Broil or grill about 6 inches from the heat for 6 to 8 minutes a side or until thoroughly cooked. Meat will brown somewhat but should not char. Serve at once.