Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Light lemony cookie.
Make and share this Persian Butter Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup butter
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 lemon, rind of, grated
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- Cream butter and sugar. Beat in egg yolks.
- Stir in grated lemon rind.
- Add lemon juice and vanilla.
- Add flour.
- Form into small balls. Place on ungreased cookie sheet and flatten into rounds.
- Bake at 300°F for 20 minutes or until done.
- Transfer to wire rack and cool completely.
Delicious lemon shortbread!! Rather than roll into balls, I spread the dough out on a silpat on a half-sheet pan and baked it. I let it sit in a turned-off oven for about ten to twelve minutes, then removed the pan to a rack and scored the cookies using a square cookie cutter. I also sprinkled the top of the dough with some sanding sugar just before baking. Very pretty, very delicious.
Made it exactly as the recipe says except I only had a lime so I used that for the rind. So delicious and delicate looking but actually a very sturdy cookie. Thanks for the recipe!
the cookies were really good when i made them. the dough came out very soft so i used the teaspoons instead of making them into balls. i decorated them with candied orange peel and ground pistachios :) this recipe was very easy!:)