Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a smooth, mellow soup that can be served hot or cold. If you like, you can add cooked rice or noodles to the finished soup.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add leek and garlci.
- Cook, stirring frequently, 3 minutes.
- Add small amounts of water if necessary, about a tablespoon at a time, to keep from sticking.
- Add broth, carrots, cumin and bay leaf. Bring mixture to a boil, then cover and reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer 45 minutes or until carrots are tender. Remove and discard bay leaf.
- Working in small batches, puree soup, then return to saucepan. Stir in lemon juice and sugar.
- Serve hot or cold.
Nice, easy recipe. It was good but no *wow* factor for us, though. I think it was a little one sided with just the cumin. The leek offered great flavor. Made for Aussie Swap 2/13.