Recipe by morgainegeiser
This is a smooth, mellow soup that can be served hot or cold. If you like, you can add cooked rice or noodles to the finished soup.
Top Review by Elmotoo
Nice, easy recipe. It was good but no *wow* factor for us, though. I think it was a little one sided with just the cumin. The leek offered great flavor. Made for Aussie Swap 2/13.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 large leek, chopped, white part only
- 6 garlic cloves, crushed
- 5 cups vegetable broth
- 1 lb carrot, sliced into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add leek and garlci.
- Cook, stirring frequently, 3 minutes.
- Add small amounts of water if necessary, about a tablespoon at a time, to keep from sticking.
- Add broth, carrots, cumin and bay leaf. Bring mixture to a boil, then cover and reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer 45 minutes or until carrots are tender. Remove and discard bay leaf.
- Working in small batches, puree soup, then return to saucepan. Stir in lemon juice and sugar.
- Serve hot or cold.