1 hr 5 mins
This is a smooth, mellow soup that can be served hot or cold. If you like, you can add cooked rice or noodles to the finished soup.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add leek and garlci.
- 2Cook, stirring frequently, 3 minutes.
- 3Add small amounts of water if necessary, about a tablespoon at a time, to keep from sticking.
- 4Add broth, carrots, cumin and bay leaf. Bring mixture to a boil, then cover and reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer 45 minutes or until carrots are tender. Remove and discard bay leaf.
- 5Working in small batches, puree soup, then return to saucepan. Stir in lemon juice and sugar.
- 6Serve hot or cold.
Browse Our Top Iranian/Persian Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Iranian/Persian Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Persain Carrot Soup
Serving Size: 1 (101 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 61.9
- Calories from Fat 9
- Total Fat 1.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 56.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 1.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: