Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
I needed something to do with left over frozen perogies. I had 5 bags in the freezer with about 6-10 perogies in each one so decided to make them into a casserole. I had about 3 different flavours of perogies and they all blended. It turned out very well; my company named it. They said it was very good. This is handy and filling. I think it would be even better if I used sour cream instead of canned milk. I will have to try it like that next time because they all said, yes, make it again.
- 30 -50 frozen pierogies, thawed, uncooked
- 12 slices bacon, cooked to bacon bits
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped and sauted 'til clear
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans tomato soup
- 3⁄4 cup canned milk
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- Arrange perogies in a 9" x 13" pan so they are touching.
- Sprinkle bacon bits over top.
- Sprinkle sauted onions over top of bacon bits.
- Top with any remaining perogies.
- Mix the soups and milk together and pour evenly over top.
- Sprinkle grated cheese over all.
- Bake, covered, for 1 hour at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
I made it with cream of mushroom soup and sour cream. Tasted really good.
We liked this. I recently started using perogies and I love the simplicity of this recipe. I too subbed in sausages I had on hand mostly because I'm lazy. I didn't want to cook bacon, so I just cut up sausages and cooked them in the casserole along with everything else. This is a big kid pleaser too!
I did take a big liberty with this recipe - I left out the bacon and used Linguica Sausage - Hot & Spicy. Recipe was wonderful.I used store bought (loval homemade) perogies- potato & cheese. Because I cut the recipe back I put in a bit too much Tomato soup - It was still very tasty & definately a do again perogy recipe,Thanks Linda