Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a family favorite. The dough makes tender perogy, not tough like store bought ones.
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- 2 cups water (warm)
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 7 cups flour, divided
- Mix cold water and egg yolks.
- Add warm water, melted butter and oil.
- Beat in 4 cups flour.
- Slowly add more flour to make a very soft dough.
- Let dough set 1/2 hour before rolling out.
- Fill with your choice of fillings. Our favorite is potato, cheese and onion.
EXELLENT made last night the dough is rough frying but the best an makes a lot the recipe i got over 3 dozen an after frying the first batch i added some oil an it made it easier thanks
the batter should be sweet and the inside buttery curds. and tender, not overstuffed with a lot of pastry hanging out. chill and fry the next day for breakfast!
Great tasting perogies, easy to make, fantastic recipe. I loved it!