Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
This recipe was submitted by Nancy Steinke, Fairview Alta. in a recipe book called "Country Cooking". I have not made it but plan to. It would be good served with cabbage rolls, ham and a salad. You could use sour cream and/or bacon bits when served.
- 1 10-inch unbaked pastry shell
- 2 cups dry curd cottage cheese
- 2 cups mashed potatoes, unseasoned
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 cup green onion top, chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup grated cheddar cheese, to taste
- Beat together all the ingredients except the onions and grated cheddar cheese: mix until well blended.
- Stir in the chopped onions and pour into unbaked pie crust.
- Sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Bake for 50 minutes at 425 degF or until golden brown.
- Serve hot.