Recipe by gsdwags
My daughter ate at a friend's house one night and came home raving about this dinner. I've been making it for our own dinner and also a great potluck dinner. I always get requests for the recipe.
- 9 lasagna noodles
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted in frying pan
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled (optional)
- 6 cups prepared instant mashed potatoes
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook and crumble bacon , set aside.
- While lasagna noodles are boiling, saute onions in melted butter till soft.
- Prepare 6 servings of mashed potatoes as directed on package label.
- In a 9" square baking dish, layer 3 noodles, 1/3 potatoes, 1/3 onions,1/3 bacon crumbles, 1/3 cheese.
- Make 3 layers.
- Bake uncovered at 350' for 20 minutes.