Recipe by woolseytom
Shrimp in an aromatic Pernod sauce. I serve as an appetizer in pre-heated French Onion Soup bowls
- 1 lb fresh shrimp or 1 lb thawed frozen large shrimp
- 3 tablespoons salted butter (separated)
- 2 fresh garlic clove (minced)
- 1 -2 teaspoon dry tarragon, to taste
- 1 -2 teaspoon dry oregano leaves, to taste
- fresh ground pepper (your choice)
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 2 ounces Pernod
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a small sauce pan.
- Add garlic, tarragon, oregeno and pepper and lightly saute.
- Reduce heat.
- Add the cream and bring to a low boil
- Remove from heat and refridgerate at this point to allow the flavors to meld.
- Melt remaining butter in a heavy skillet on medium/high heat.
- Add peeled, tailed shrimp and saute until just pink.
- Add Pernod and flambe.
- Pour the cream/butter sauce over the shrimp, stir well, heat through and serve immediately.